Also referred to as Isopropanol, IPA and Rubbing Alcohol
Isopropyl alcohol is a clear, colourlesss solvent and is miscible in water and hydrocarbon solvents. The flashpoint of isopropyl alcohol is 12ºC with a fast evaporation rate. Isopropyl Alcohol is a multi-purpose surface cleaner suitable for a wide variety of uses. There are three main types of Isopropyl Alcohol: Isopropyl Alcohol 70%, Isopropyl Alcohol 99%, and Isopropyl Alcohol 100%.
The difference between Isopropyl Alcohol and Rubbing Alcohol is that Isopropyl Alcohol is defined as pure, either 99% or 100%, whereas Rubbing Alcohol refers to the 70% variant. Rubbing alcohol has a higher moisture content making it more suitable to disinfect wounds on the skin. The Isopropyl isn’t as harsh on the skin and it gives the alcohol time to kill bacteria as the higher moisture content slows down evaporation.
Isopropyl Alcohol Uses
Isopropyl Alcohol 99% or 100% is perfect for cleaning electronics, mirrors, stainless steel, 3D printers, and much more. The difference between 99% and 100% Isopropyl Alcohol is only 1% of moisture. Customers usually lean towards the 100% isopropyl alcohol and only use the 99% when specified in a formula. Isopropyl Alcohol 99% and 100% evaporates quickly making it perfect for cleaning.
Isopropyl Alcohol 100% can also be used for a variety of other applications such as cleaning, disinfecting, removes sticky residue, glass cleaning, hand sanitiser and much more. Isopropyl Alcohol is also miscible in water, meaning you can dilute it down to suit your needs.
Where to Buy Isopropyl Alcohol
Isopropyl Alcohol can be purchased online from Sydney Solvents or you can pick up isopropyl alcohol from our warehouse in Penrith.
Difference between IsocolTM and Isopropyl Alcohol
IsocolTM can be purchased from places like supermarkets and is diluted down Isopropyl Alcohol to about 60-70% grade. However, Sydney Solvents Isopropyl Alcohol is 100% making it stronger and more cost-effective as you can dilute it down to suit your needs.
Find a Robust Supply of Isopropyl Alcohol for Many Purposes
Also frequently called rubbing alcohol for consumer purposes, isopropyl alcohol is a solvent with a large number of uses as a cleanser and antiseptic. For those who aren't purchasing supplies for a first aid kit, though, the small bottles available at the local pharmacy simply aren't enough. That's not to mention that different operations may require isopropyl alcohol at different concentrations, as a 99- or 100 percent concentration may not be necessary for some situations. At Sydney Solvents, we aim to provide a resource for purchasing larger solvent quantities that is easy to use. With a guarantee on the quality and purity of our IPA, we provide the most reliable resource online for purchasing this product in Australia. What can you do with the isopropyl alcohol we supply? What makes our business such a good choice?
What is the Purpose of Isopropyl Alcohol 70?
Most people think of using a 70 percent solution of isopropyl alcohol as an antiseptic since this concentration is gentler on the skin and still evaporates quickly while leaving behind a sterile space. However, there are many other uses possible for these products, especially at higher concentrations. Such applications could include:
- Disinfection and sanitisation. At the highest concentrations, isopropyl alcohol is indeed too strong, evaporating so quickly that it cannot fully kill surface micro-organisms that may cause illness. At a lower concentration, 70-75 percent IPA stays in contact with the germs long enough to thoroughly neutralise them.
- A 90+ percent solution may be better suited for killing some types of pathogens. To make the right decision, consult official health guidelines or your organisation’s disinfection procedures.
- At 100 percent concentration, most uses for IPA centre around cleaning due to it leaving no residue, it also helps in drying any water on surfaces out.
The Benefits of Finding Isopropyl Alcohol in Australia at Sydney Solvents
When you need a larger volume of IPA ranging from 70 percent concentration to anhydrous 100 percent IPA, why should you choose to shop with Sydney Solvents? When you partner with our business for supplying your requirements, you can tap into benefits such as:
- Options for purchasing IPA by the litre or the Drum, depending on applications. We make volumes up to 200 Litres available for immediate purchase online, offline we can do 1000+ Litres.
- We don't restrict sales only to businesses. We welcome regular consumers and others and encourage you to explore our options, as these products are also ideal for household cleaning applications.
- We package carefully, ship promptly, and provide you with tracking so you can follow the progress of your parcel from our door to yours.
Why Sydney Solvents is a Cost-Effective Option for 70 Isopropyl Alcohol
A family-owned and operated business for nearly three decades, Sydney Solvents provides guaranteed quality — and that means less time and money wasted on inferior products. Get the results you need from your solvents when you know they're the same concentration as indicated on the container. We aim to compete on price, too, so why wait? Explore our selection of isopropyl alcohols now for quick shipping.
Have questions? Contact us.