- Isopropyl Alcohol 75% Technical Grade (IPA)
- High evaporation, quick drying rate
- Effective for cleaning house holds
- Known as rubbing alcohol
Not sure which % you need? - Check out our blog to gain an understanding! https://www.sydneysolvents.com.au/blog/our-blog/what-is-the-difference-in-the-percentages-of-isopr/
Isopropyl Alcohol 75% is mainly known as rubbing alcohol. If you haven’t heard of rubbing alcohol before you’ve probably walked passed it in the supermarket aisle known as Isocol. Rubbing alcohol can be used to clean makeup, disinfect wounds, kill mealybugs and many more uses.
Cleaning and disinfecting makeup brushes we recommend using 75% Isopropyl Alcohol. You can use rubbing alcohol to clean makeup brushes to kill the bacteria, which means less transfers of germs and you won’t see breakouts as you won’t be passing over germs as the rubbing alcohol will kill them.
Isopropyl Alcohol Uses - Household, Beauty, Industrial & Gardening Uses
Cleaning & House Hold Uses:
- Household cleaner and is great for cleaning kitchens, bathrooms, and other surface areas: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Cleans sticky grime and residue: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Perfect for cleaning computer screens, phones, iPad screen, and is non-streaking: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- General window cleaner: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Removes ink: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Cleans glass: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Used to remove the old tobacco from inside the pipe: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Use on granite, wood floors and upholstery: 1/4 Isopropyl Alcohol, 3 drops dish detergent, 1 cup of water and a couple of essential oil.
- Clean venetian blinds: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Erase permanent markers: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Hand Sanitiser: 3/4 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/4 aloe vera gel
- Stainless Steel Cleaner
- Make up brush cleanser: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Fixes broken powder foundation make-up and eyeshadow: 3/4 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/4 water
- Sanitise and clean make up brushes: Soak in 100% Isopropyl Alcohol and allow to air dry.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- More efficient than alcohol wipes
- Used for ink painting
- Take paint off vinyl dolls: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Cleaning mealy bugs from succulents: 1/2 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/2 water
- Cleans the residue built up on the 3D printer: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Perfect for Art applications - especially for watercolours and colour dye
- Prevent the windows from getting frost-free and dissolve the windshield frost: 3/4 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/4 water
- Reed Diffusers: Splash of Isopropyl Alcohol, ¼ carrier oil, and 12 drops essential oils.
- Kill mealy bugs: Use 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (more moisture = longer time to kill the bugs before it evaporates)
- Use as a disinfectant when removing ticks from dogs: Use 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Deters fruit flies: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Silk plant and flower cleaner: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Used in gardening to remove dead, diseased and rotting plants: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Growing Mushrooms: 70% is more effective at killing bacteria and unwanted fungas. 70% is better as it doesn't evaporate as quickly as 90% and above, meaning that it has time to enter the cell wall of the bacterium and kill it.
Differences in Percentages
90 - 100%
The higher percentages of Isopropyl Alcohol are used for cleaning purposes like disinfecting, window cleaning, stainless steel cleaner and when you need to kill bacteria, as well as many other uses. The higher the percentage like Isopropyl Alcohol 100% the greater the evaporation rate, and it is great as it dries faster. The high grades of Isopropyl Alcohol 100% are suitable for the majority uses and is commonly used by industrial users and cleaners.
A common percentage is Isopropyl Alcohol 75%, which is the grade recommended for rubbing alcohol when applying it to the skin. The lower grade of Isopropyl Alcohol 75% means that it is not as harsh to the skin, but it is still effective. Also, the lower grade is great for getting rid of the bugs off the plants and also disinfecting as the water content mixed with the alcohol fights against growing viruses and fungus.
So which one should you get?
No matter what the percentage, Isopropyl Alcohol 100%, Isopropyl Alcohol 99% or Isopropyl Alcohol 70% are beneficial product to have in the workshop and household. The many uses it has makes it a handy product to have around. Depending on your application will impact of the percentage.
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
Information Regarding Pick Up
Can I pick up?
Yes, we are located in Penrith. Unit 3, 10 Production Place Jamisontown NSW 2750.
Are we open to the public?
Yes, we are. You can buy direct from us paying card or cash. You don't need to be a business customer to buy. Anyone can walk in and buy from us.
We are open from 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday and are open from 7:30am to 12pm on Friday.
What can you pay on pick up?
We accept cash or card (visa, mastercard, AMEX, eftpos).
Information Regarding Delivery
We know you’ll be keen to receive your order as quickly as possible. Please make sure you provide us with:
- A valid delivery address (either residential or business) as we cannot ship our products to PO Box or Parcel Collect, and
- Contact phone number so we can contact you if there are any issues with your consignment.
Our couriers require the customer’s phone number for each delivery. We can’t book your delivery unless you have provided us with a valid daytime phone number.
We pack every order carefully to ensure it reaches you in good condition.
Your order will be sent through one of our preferred couriers.
After payment has been received, your order will be processed by the following business day. The approximate cut-off time for same day dispatch is 11 am.
Shipping charges are calculated depending on the quantity, weight, location and if it contains dangerous goods.
All consignments are tracked. The tracking number can be viewed in the email notification you receive after the order has been dispatched. If you can't find it or need help with tracking, please contact us.
If you have any questions about delivery, please contact us and we will do our best to make sure you’re happy.