Isopropyl Alcohol 100%
- Isopropyl Alcohol 100% Technical Grade
- High evaporation, quick drying rate
- Effective for cleaning house holds
Isopropyl Alcohol 100% is our most popular grade for isopropyl. The high purity in the isopropyl alcohol means that it is great for cleaning as you simply wipe onto the surface and within seconds it evaporates off leaving no residue behind. You can use isopropyl alcohol 100% for a variety of applications such as cleaning, disinfecting, cleaning mirrors, stainless, using it for 3D printers, removes sticky residue, cleans glass, hand sanitiser and much more. Isopropyl alcohol is also miscible in water. This means if you get the 100% isopropyl alcohol you can dilute it down to suit your needs.
Not sure which % you need? - Check out our blog to gain an understanding! https://www.sydneysolvents.com.au/blog/our-blog/what-is-the-difference-in-the-percentages-of-isopr/
Isopropyl Alcohol Uses - Household, Beauty, Industrial & Gardening Uses
Cleaning & House Hold Uses:
- Household cleaner and is great for cleaning kitchens, bathrooms, and other surface areas: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Cleans sticky grime and residue: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Perfect for cleaning computer screens, phones, iPad screen, and is non-streaking: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- General window cleaner: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Removes ink: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Cleans glass: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Used to remove the old tobacco from inside the pipe: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Use on granite, wood floors and upholstery: 1/4 Isopropyl Alcohol, 3 drops dish detergent, 1 cup of water and a couple of essential oil.
- Clean venetian blinds: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Erase permanent markers: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Hand Sanitiser: 3/4 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/4 aloe vera gel
- Stainless Steel Cleaner
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Information Regarding Pick Up
Can I pick up?
*Below are commonly asked questions. All answers provided are merely recommendations. Please do further research and test yourself. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.*
What is the difference in the percentage of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and 100% Isopropyl Alcohol?
70% has more moisture content than the 100% which can make it suitable for rubbing alcohol as it is not as harsh on the skin. Also, 70% works better as the extra water content means that it will stay on the surface longer giving it time to process.
The 100% works better for cleaning surfaces such as electronics, mirrors, benches, etc. as it will evaporate quickly off and won't leave any product behind.
Can you use Isopropyl alcohol to extract oil from plants?
We have not tested isopropyl alcohol to extract oil but many of our customers use it. When it comes to deciding between isopropyl alcohol and ethanol to extract many lean towards ethanol as it is grain based whereas isopropyl alcohol is petroleum based. Ethanol available here.
What is the difference between isopropyl and rubbing alcohol?
Isopropyl alcohol is pure alcohol whereas rubbing alcohol is generally diluted to 60-70% Isopropyl alcohol and about 30% is water. Rubbing alcohol is usually used as a skin disinfectant like isocol.
What is isopropyl alcohol used for?
There are many uses for isopropyl alcohol, but the main use is for cleaning e.g. electronics, mirrors, disinfecting benches, stainless steel, etc. and so much more. Check out our uses here.
Is methylated spirits the same as isopropyl alcohol? / Is ethanol the same as isopropyl alcohol?
Short answer is no. They both are defined as alcohols however methylated spirits and ethanol are characterised as grain alcohol whereas isopropyl alcohol is petroleum based. Two different products but they have similar uses such as disinfecting.
In terms of heating, ethanol is recommended for ethanol heaters whereas isopropyl alcohol is not as it will burn black and quickly.
Can you use Isopropyl alcohol on the skin?
Common answer is yes. It can be used to disinfect a wound and some people use it for clearing up the skin. However you should always do your own research and it will always be based on the individuals skin type.
What is the difference between 99% and 100% isopropyl alcohol?
There is a 1% isopropyl alcohol difference. Most people prefer 100% isopropyl alcohol unless it is advised to use 99%.
Can I drink isopropyl alcohol?
No. The product is poisonous.
What happens when you mix isopropyl alcohol and water?
When you add water to isopropyl alcohol it will dilute the strength of the alcohol and the evaporation rate as there is more moisture.
Ipa 100By: Ian Bauchop on 20 September 2021Excellent service, excellent price, excellent product. Staff friendly and helpful. All round positive experience.
Sydney Solvents Response
Thanks so much for the review! We Hope you have a great day and stay safe!
Great productsBy: Dominic Niezgoda on 24 August 2021Great customer service great products
Sol traderBy: Dave Paxton on 19 August 2021IPA a Good Product & Service was great and very efficient plus a good price
Good service and great price!By: Ken Craddock on 19 August 2021We have used this product as a cleaner for a long time now, but had just been buying the small dispensers of it from Bunnings. A search online found SYDNEY SOLVENTS, and this is a great product with the highest purity and we are now buying it at a much cheaper price per litre, and the delivery was very quick with tracking available from collection to delivery.
FeedbackBy: Mick Patrick on 28 May 2020Excellent customer service.