- Isopropyl Alcohol 70% Technical Grade (IPA)
- High evaporation, quick drying rate
- Effective for cleaning house holds
- Known as rubbing alcohol
Isopropyl Alcohol Uses - Household, Beauty, Industrial & Gardening Uses
Cleaning & House Hold Uses:
- Household cleaner and is great for cleaning kitchens, bathrooms, and other surface areas: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Cleans sticky grime and residue: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Perfect for cleaning computer screens, phones, iPad screen, and is non-streaking: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- General window cleaner: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Removes ink: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Cleans glass: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Used to remove the old tobacco from inside the pipe: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Use on granite, wood floors and upholstery: 1/4 Isopropyl Alcohol, 3 drops dish detergent, 1 cup of water and a couple of essential oil.
- Clean venetian blinds: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Erase permanent markers: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Hand Sanitiser: 3/4 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/4 aloe vera gel
- Stainless Steel Cleaner
- Make up brush cleanser: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Fixes broken powder foundation make-up and eyeshadow: 3/4 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/4 water
- Sanitise and clean make up brushes: Soak in 100% Isopropyl Alcohol and allow to air dry.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- More efficient than alcohol wipes
- Used for ink painting
- Take paint off vinyl dolls: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Cleaning mealy bugs from succulents: 1/2 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/2 water
- Cleans the residue built up on the 3D printer: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Perfect for Art applications - especially for watercolours and colour dye
- Prevent the windows from getting frost-free and dissolve the windshield frost: 3/4 cup Isopropyl Alcohol and 1/4 water
- Reed Diffusers: Splash of Isopropyl Alcohol, ¼ carrier oil, and 12 drops essential oils.
- Kill mealy bugs: Use 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (more moisture = longer time to kill the bugs before it evaporates)
- Use as a disinfectant when removing ticks from dogs: Use 70% Isopropyl Alcohol
- Deters fruit flies: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Silk plant and flower cleaner: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Used in gardening to remove dead, diseased and rotting plants: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol Straight
- Growing Mushrooms: 70% is more effective at killing bacteria and unwanted fungas. 70% is better as it doesn't evaporate as quickly as 90% and above, meaning that it has time to enter the cell wall of the bacterium and kill it.
Differences in Percentages
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
*Below are commonly asked questions. All answers provided are merely recommendations. Please do further research and test yourself. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.*
What is the difference in the percentage of 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and 100% Isopropyl Alcohol?
70% has more moisture content than the 100% which can make it suitable for rubbing alcohol as it is not as harsh on the skin. Also, 70% works better as the extra water content means that it will stay on the surface longer giving it time to process.
The 100% works better for cleaning surfaces such as electronics, mirrors, benches, etc. as it will evaporate quickly off and won't leave any product behind.
Can you use Isopropyl alcohol to extract oil from plants?
We have not tested isopropyl alcohol to extract oil but many of our customers use it. When it comes to deciding between isopropyl alcohol and ethanol to extract many lean towards ethanol as it is grain based whereas isopropyl alcohol is petroleum based. Ethanol available here.
What is the difference between isopropyl and rubbing alcohol?
Isopropyl alcohol is pure alcohol whereas rubbing alcohol is generally diluted to 60-70% Isopropyl alcohol and about 30% is water. Rubbing alcohol is usually used as a skin disinfectant like isocol.
What is isopropyl alcohol used for?
There are many uses for isopropyl alcohol, but the main use is for cleaning e.g. electronics, mirrors, disinfecting benches, stainless steel, etc. and so much more. Check out our uses here.
Is methylated spirits the same as isopropyl alcohol? / Is ethanol the same as isopropyl alcohol?
Short answer is no. They both are defined as alcohols however methylated spirits and ethanol are characterised as grain alcohol whereas isopropyl alcohol is petroleum based. Two different products but they have similar uses such as disinfecting.
In terms of heating, ethanol is recommended for ethanol heaters whereas isopropyl alcohol is not as it will burn black and quickly.
Can you use Isopropyl alcohol on the skin?
Common answer is yes. It can be used to disinfect a wound and some people use it for clearing up the skin. However you should always do your own research and it will always be based on the individuals skin type.
What is the difference between 99% and 100% isopropyl alcohol?
There is a 1% isopropyl alcohol difference. Most people prefer 100% isopropyl alcohol unless it is advised to use 99%.
Can I drink isopropyl alcohol?
No. The product is poisonous.
What happens when you mix isopropyl alcohol and water?
When you add water to isopropyl alcohol it will dilute the strength of the alcohol and the evaporation rate as there is more moisture.
IPA Isopropanol 70%By: Mark Sussmilch on 24 September 2019Gained information for using IPA 70% from the internet for severe itching that I get every time I go outside here in Noosa Shire in Qld, the itching is so severe that it becomes distressful. I have tried so many other products to no avail, but this stops it straight away. Package was delivered very fast to my door at affordable cost. Thank you
Great serviceBy: Cheryl Keid on 23 September 2019Excellent service good product
LovelyBy: Polly on 6 September 2019Fast shipping and good price! Thank you very much!!
IsoPropyl Alcohol - IPA Isopropanol 70% 5 LitreBy: Jim on 20 August 2019Excellent product & price value. A truly multi-purpose product originally for bites/scratches but also now for other cleaning & hygiene uses. Sydney Solvents are who I can confidently recommend to friends for product and delivery
Happy purchaseBy: firstname.lastname@example.org on 16 August 2019Fast delivery, happy with the product.