- Xylene 100%
- Industrial grade
Xylene is a clear colourless liquid aromatic hydrocarbon that is used across a variety of different applications. The flashpoint of xylene is 26ºC and the boiling range is 136-145ºC with a specific gravity of 0.87. Xylene is characterised as having high solvency with a mid-range evaporation rate. The versatility of xylene is used in formulations where boosted solvency power is required and to combine well with other solvents. Xylene is not soluble in water which means it will float on top if combined.
Cleaning & Household Uses:
- Useful for cleaning steel.
- For sterilizing some substances and products.
- Paint thinner.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Uses of the product include waterproofing, cleaning, paint thinning, and printing industries. Xylene is highly flammable.
- Removes oil, grease and dirt
- High solvency
- Mid-to-slow evaporation rate
- Solvent based acrylic sealant thinner
Painting Preparation Uses:
- Used to erase some mistakes whilst painting.
- Used to thin our or dilute the thickness of paint.
Available Sizes: 5, 20, 200 and 1000 Litre.
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Information Regarding Pick Up
Can I pick it up?
Xylene 5 LitreBy: Michael Calder on 21 April 2023This product is 100% Xylene (not Xylene mixed with other solvent / additives as for some other "Xylene" products advertised for cleaning. Delivery time was amazing. Online order placed with Sydney Solvents Friday morning, courier delivered to my doorstep (Adelaide) Monday lunchtime!
Perfect from start to finishBy: Bryce on 8 April 2019I am so glad I came across Sydney Solvents.!. I was able to get 5L of Xylene delivered to my door for less than 1/2 the price of 4L at Australia’s biggest hardware store. Unbelievable. The whole process was very professional, I was kept informed along the way and the product top quality. I can’t fault anything. I will definitely be looking here first next time I need anything.
Xylene for removing paver sealantBy: Keith Ward on 17 December 2018It was recommended to me to use Xylene to remove a penetrating paver sealant. I had extended a paved area and had to remove the previous sealer so I could apply new sealer across the whole area. The xylene worked well dissolving the previous sealer to enable the new sealer to penetrate into the old pavers. The lesson I did learn was to only apply it in the early morning while the pavers are cool. If applied during the day or in the evening the pavers retain the heat and the xylene evaporates too quickly before it can take effect. Second time worked a charm
Good Value XyleneBy: Neil on 30 August 2018I use Xylene for thining down concrete sealer and buying it through Sydney Solvents is an economical. Delivery is fast and efficient and I can’t fault the performance of the Xylene 5 Litre.