- Solvent X55 Petroleum Hydrocarbons 100%
- Other names: Shellite Solvent
Shellite cleaner is a clear flammable liquid hydrocarbon. Shellite evaporates quickly leaving little to no residue behind. Shellite is also known as Solvent X55. The flashpoint of is <0°C making it highly flammable, with a boiling range of 50-135°C. The product is characterised as fast drying, low residue as a contact cleaner, and is a relatively weak solvent so it will be unlikely to affect the surface of most materials.
Shellite bunnings work very much the same to the Sydney Solvents Shellite.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Fast drying solvent means that when using it as a degreaser the product flashes off quickly for a nice finish.
- Solvent X55 is a versatile product and has a high solvency level of greases, oils and surfaces prior to painting.
- Used to clean surfaces before painting.
- General workshop cleaner to remove contaminants from workshop floors and walls.
- Removes oil, grease and brake fluid.
- Not recommended to be used for cleaning gummed up carburettors.
- More commonly it is used for adhesives, cleaning of auto-transmissions and pre-cleaner prior to spray-painting.
Solvent B1 vs. Solvent X55
Solvent B1 is known as a Mobile product whereas Solvent X55 is a shell product. The items both do similar jobs.
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, 200 and 1000 Litre.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
For more details refer to MSDS.
For emergencies, please call:
Information Regarding Pick Up
Can I pick up?
Yes, we are located in Penrith. Unit 3, 10 Production Place Jamisontown NSW 2750.
Are we open to the public?
Yes, we are. You can buy direct from us paying card or cash. You don't need to be a business customer to buy. Anyone can walk in and buy from us.
We are open from 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday and are open from 7:30am to 12pm.
What can you pay on pick up?
We accept cash or card (visa, mastercard, AMEX, eftpos).
Information Regarding Delivery
We know you’ll be keen to receive your order as quickly as possible. Please make sure you provide us with:
- A valid delivery address (either residential or business) as we cannot ship our products to PO Box or Parcel Collect, and
- Contact phone number so we can contact you if there are any issues with your consignment.
Our couriers require the customer’s phone number for each delivery. We can’t book your delivery unless you have provided us with a valid daytime phone number.
We pack every order carefully to ensure it reaches you in good condition.
Your order will be sent through one of our preferred couriers.
After payment has been received, your order will be processed by the following business day. The approximate cut-off time for same day dispatch is 11am.
Perth Enquiries we have additional shipping charges on 1 and 5 Litre items, and our 20 Litre items and above freight starts out from $130. We are working on alternatives. We cannot send Methylene Chloride to WA.
All consignments are tracked. The tracking number can be viewed in the email notification you receive after the order has been dispatched. If you can't find it, or need help with tracking, please contact us.
If you have any questions about delivery, please contact us and we will do our best to make sure you’re happy.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review