Propylene Glycol USP
- Propylene Glycol USP 100%
Propylene glycol is a widely used product across a range of industries such as cosmetics, coatings, food and more. If you have a look at your cosmetic bottles the majority of the time you will find propylene glycol in there as it attracts and absorbs water. It is also used in a range of food items such as frozen goods, ice cream, coffee, nut products, margarine and number of others.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Used as a heat-transfer medium.
- Used in paints and coating industry.
- The solvent is used in the applications of making fragrances, cosmetics and personal care.
- Food and flavourings.
- Coupling agent.
- Adding propylene glycol to cosmetics and medicines will help them retain their moisture content. Food additives, toothpastes, mouthwashes, tobacco, lotions, hand sanitizers and saline lotions use propylene alcohol to retain moisture.
- It is used to regulate humidity in pipes and cigars to prevent dehydration.
Propylene Glycol, Beer Brewing and Anti-Freeze – What is it all about?
Propylene Glycol, also known as Anti-Freeze, is a food grade solvent used in a variety of industries such as cosmetics, pharmaceutical and the beer brewing industry. Our Propylene Glycol is USP grade which means that it is food-grade safe.
The properties within propylene glycol is used to regulate temperature and chill within the brewing process. The importance of the glycol is to slow down the growth of wild yeast and bacteria in beerlines to reduce wastage. This also adds in the purification process of the beer.
There are different requirements for how much glycol you will need so it is important to read the glycol chiller instructions about how much you need.
Available Sizes: 1, 5, and 20 Litre
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Information Regarding Pick Up
Can I pick up?
Polypropylene glycolBy: Louisa Squires on 12 October 2018Received my order within 7 days and we live in a remote rural area. Very happy with the speed and quality of the service and the quality of the product. Will definitely order from Sydney Solvents again.