- 1-N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone 100%
- Industrial grade
N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone is a pale yellow organic compound and is a non-flammable product. NMP is miscible with water and most other solvents, always test a little and see how it mixes. The product is denser than water at 1.03g/cc with a boiling range of 56 ºC.
Cleaning & Household Uses:
- NMP is used for paint stripping, in graffiti removers, oven cleaners, in automotive and industrial cleaner formulations.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Solvent us used as thinner for paints and varnishes. N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone (NMP) is a solvent used in a variety of industries and applications such as paint and coating removal, petrochemical processing, engineering plastics coatings, agricultural chemicals, electronic cleaning and industrial/ domestic cleaning.
- Due to its good solvency properties NMP is used to dissolve a wide range of polymers.
- Used as a stripping agent.
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, 200 and 1000 Litre.
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
This product is excisable, and includes excise in the price. The excise tax is at 0.409 cents per litre plus GST, totalling $89.98 inclusive to cost given. The excise is referred to as a tax fuel and can be claimed back on BAS.
Otherwise feel free to contact us for more information.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.