- Methylene Chloride 100%
- Other names: Dichloromethane and dichloride.
Methylene Chloride known as dichloromethane (DCM) that is uniquely a non-flammable product until boiling point at 40.1 ºC. The product is a dense product with a specific gravity of 1.326. Dichloromethane evaporates very quickly and is highly effective on complex resin systems. It is not miscible with water but is miscible with other organic solvents.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Methylene Chloride is used as an industrial solvent in paint strippers, paint removers, film coatings, pharmaceuticals, finishing electronics manufacturing, and used a propellant in aerosols.
- Used as an extraction solvent.
- Used to degrease metal surfaces and parts.
- It can be useful in the production of photographic films, synthetic, fibres, adhesives, inks and printed circuit boards.
Available Sizes: 20, and 200
Warning: Methylene Chloride is highly corrosive please read safety instructions and take all pre-cautions and use appropriate safety equipment. Do not touch direct to skin as it will burn skin within seconds.
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Below are commonly asked questions. All answers provided are merely recommendations. Please do further research and test yourself. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Can methylene chloride be used as a paint stripper?
Yes, methylene chloride is a great paint stripper, but it is important to be safe and careful when using it.
Do you need a license to buy methylene chloride?
Hi I am exploring options for stripping the laquer/varnish from my mid 90's kitchen cupboard solid timber doors. I was wondering if you have a product that would work where I could have a "bath" to submerge the door in, one at a time, and leave until the work is done, then another neutralising bath, perhaps just water, to wash off and neutralise then leave to dry. – Mark
We have a product called methylene chloride which is the base of paint stripper, this can be used in a bath situation with a water blank on top to stop the product evaporating.
It is not an acid so will not need to be neutralised. Use a steel container for the bath.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.