- Methylene Chloride 100%
- Other names: Dichloromethane and dichloride.
Methylene Chloride known as dichloromethane (DCM) that is uniquely a non-flammable product until boiling point at 40.1 ºC. The product is a dense product with a specific gravity of 1.326. Dichloromethane evaporates very quickly and is highly effective on complex resin systems. It is not miscible with water but is miscible with other organic solvents.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Methylene Chloride is used as an industrial solvent in paint strippers, paint removers, film coatings, pharmaceuticals, finishing electronics manufacturing, and used a propellant in aerosols.
- Used as an extraction solvent.
- Used to degrease metal surfaces and parts.
- It can be useful in the production of photographic films, synthetic, fibres, adhesives, inks and printed circuit boards.
Available Sizes: 20, and 200
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Information Regarding Pick Up
Can I pick up?
Below are commonly asked questions. All answers provided are merely recommendations. Please do further research and test yourself. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Can methylene chloride be used as a paint stripper?
Yes, methylene chloride is a great paint stripper, but it is important to be safe and careful when using it.
Do you need a license to buy methylene chloride?
Hi I am exploring options for stripping the laquer/varnish from my mid 90's kitchen cupboard solid timber doors. I was wondering if you have a product that would work where I could have a "bath" to submerge the door in, one at a time, and leave until the work is done, then another neutralising bath, perhaps just water, to wash off and neutralise then leave to dry. – Mark
We have a product called methylene chloride which is the base of paint stripper, this can be used in a bath situation with a water blank on top to stop the product evaporating.
It is not an acid so will not need to be neutralised. Use a steel container for the bath.
Multiple use 3D printing models polishing solvent16 January 2019This solvent has been test on some 3D printing filements, such PLA, ABS, PA and PC. They have excellent polishing action.
great serviceBy: rod bowen on 24 April 2018thank you for fast delivery amazing product excellent for removing fuel tank epoxy lining and special thanks to Briony for happy efficient communication