- Methylene Chloride 100%
- Other names: Dichloromethane and dichloride.
Methylene Chloride known as dichloromethane (DCM) that is uniquely a non-flammable product until boiling point at 40.1 ºC. The product is a dense product with a specific gravity of 1.326. Dichloromethane evaporates very quickly and is highly effective on complex resin systems. It is not miscible with water but is miscible with other organic solvents.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Methylene Chloride is used as an industrial solvent in paint strippers, paint removers, film coatings, pharmaceuticals, finishing electronics manufacturing, and used a propellant in aerosols.
- Used as an extraction solvent.
- Used to degrease metal surfaces and parts.
- It can be useful in the production of photographic films, synthetic, fibres, adhesives, inks and printed circuit boards.
Available Sizes: 20, and 200
Warning: Methylene Chloride is highly corrosive please read safety instructions and take all pre-cautions and use appropriate safety equipment. Do not touch direct to skin as it will burn skin within seconds.
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
We are currently experiencing shipping issues with our current courier that deliver our 1L and 5L containers to your doorstep. There will be delays with orders made between 02/02/2020 - the current date. We apologise to all our valued customers for this issue that has arisen, we are striving to have it fixed up immediately. For any new orders, there will be a delay from our normal fast service, as we are sorting through the backlog.
Please bear with us during this time. We will have the situation sorted shortly; we can't wait to do business with you in the future!
Have a great week.
DUE TO AN INFLUX OF ORDERS RECENTLY, OUR 1L & 5L ARE ONLY TEMPORARILY AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP FROM WAREHOUSE PENRITH. DELIVERY IS NOT AN OPTION AT THIS POINT IN TIME. WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.