Methyl Isobutyl Ketone
- Methyl Isobutyl Ketone 100%
- Clear, colourless liquid.
Methyl Isobutyl Ketone (MIBK) is an organic compound that has a low odour and is referred to as an oxygenated solvent. The solvent is a clear, colourless liquid and has a low flash point at 15°C with a specific gravity of 0.8. The product is stable at room temperature and pressure. MIBK is a product soluble in polar and non-polar organic solvents making it perfect in using for reducer formulations and coatings. Additionally, the characteristic of MIBK has a slower evaporation rate which will mean that it will have a premium gloss finish in coatings.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Methyl Isobutyl Ketone (MIBK) is useful in coatings, adhesives, and industrial materials. Used as an extraction solvent.
- The colourless liquid has a low solubility in water and is a polar solvent.
- Specific applications can be used to extract silver, gold and metals.
Methyl Isobutyl Ketone Hazards
When using Methyl Isobutyl Ketone it is important to be cautious. It is advised to wear safety glasses and use chemical resistant gloves. Under the circumstance, if it has been swallowed or is ingested in so form it is important to seek medical attention immediately. If you need any advice please do not hesitate to contact us as we are happy to help.
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, and 200
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
For more details refer to MSDS.
For emergencies, please call:
Information Regarding Pick Up
Can I pick up?
Yes, we are located in Penrith. Unit 3, 10 Production Place Jamisontown NSW 2750.
Are we open to the public?
Yes, we are. You can buy direct from us paying card or cash. You don't need to be a business customer to buy. Anyone can walk in and buy from us.
We are open from 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday and are open from 7:30am to 12pm.
What can you pay on pick up?
We accept cash or card (visa, mastercard, AMEX, eftpos).
Information Regarding Delivery
We know you’ll be keen to receive your order as quickly as possible. Please make sure you provide us with:
- A valid delivery address (either residential or business) as we cannot ship our products to PO Box or Parcel Collect, and
- Contact phone number so we can contact you if there are any issues with your consignment.
Our couriers require the customer’s phone number for each delivery. We can’t book your delivery unless you have provided us with a valid daytime phone number.
We pack every order carefully to ensure it reaches you in good condition.
Your order will be sent through one of our preferred couriers.
After payment has been received, your order will be processed by the following business day.
Perth Enquiries we have additional shipping charges on 1 and 5 Litre items, and our 20 Litre items and above freight starts out from $130. We are working on alternatives. We cannot send Methylene Chloride to WA.
All consignments are tracked. The tracking number can be viewed in the email notification you receive after the order has been dispatched. If you can't find it, or need help with tracking, please contact us.
If you have any questions about delivery, please contact us and we will do our best to make sure you’re happy.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review