Methyl Isobutyl Ketone
- Methyl Isobutyl Ketone 100%
- Clear, colourless liquid.
Methyl Isobutyl Ketone (MIBK) is an organic compound that has a low odour and is referred to as an oxygenated solvent. The solvent is a clear, colourless liquid and has a low flash point at 15°C with a specific gravity of 0.8. The product is stable at room temperature and pressure. MIBK is a product soluble in polar and non-polar organic solvents making it perfect in using for reducer formulations and coatings. Additionally, the characteristic of MIBK has a slower evaporation rate which will mean that it will have a premium gloss finish in coatings.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Methyl Isobutyl Ketone (MIBK) is useful in coatings, adhesives, and industrial materials. Used as an extraction solvent.
- The colourless liquid has a low solubility in water and is a polar solvent.
- Specific applications can be used to extract silver, gold and metals.
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, and 200
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Information Regarding Pick Up
Can I pick up?
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.