Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK)
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone 100%
- Evaporates quickly.
Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) also known as butanone is a clear, colourless organic liquid compound. MEK is highly volatile with a flashpoint of - 4ºC and a boiling point 78ºC. Sydney Solvents is a methyl ethyl ketone supplier. The solvent has quite a strong distinct smell, a little bit like acetone. MEK is soluble in polar and non-polar organic materials, being soluble in alcohol and hydrocarbons. MEK has fast evaporating properties.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Used as a thinner in paint products.
- Can be used as a parts cleaner.
- Removing paints.
- Solvent used for fats, oils, waxes and resins. It is a highly efficient and versatile solvent for surface coatings.
- Ideal for automotive parts, marine and paint sundry departments.
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, and 200
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
We are currently experiencing shipping issues with our current courier that deliver our 1L and 5L containers to your doorstep. There will be delays with orders made between 02/02/2020 - the current date. We apologise to all our valued customers for this issue that has arisen, we are striving to have it fixed up immediately. For any new orders, there will be a delay from our normal fast service, as we are sorting through the backlog.
Please bear with us during this time. We will have the situation sorted shortly; we can't wait to do business with you in the future!
Have a great week.
DUE TO AN INFLUX OF ORDERS RECENTLY, OUR 1L & 5L ARE ONLY TEMPORARILY AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP FROM WAREHOUSE PENRITH. DELIVERY IS NOT AN OPTION AT THIS POINT IN TIME. WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
Below are commonly asked questions. All answers provided are merely recommendations. Please do further research and test yourself. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Please advise if you have a product to remove product names/logos on powder coated bike frame. Very stubborn! There seems no edge to these logos, maybe they could be lacquered after they were applied?? I have tried straight Acetone which does not soften the surface. Trust that you may have come across this problem before. - Terry
It sounds like the top lacquer coat is applied after the stickers have been applied.
Without seeing the job, I would recommend if you have tried acetone to try MEK, or Methylene chloride. You could also use paint stripper gently as it should not go through the sticker material. You would need to trial this though.
Methyl Ethylene KetoneBy: Peter on 6 March 2019Excellent value - inclusive postage is a bonus. Service from Sydney Solvents was outstanding - cannot fault any part of the transaction.
PackagingBy: Linda on 5 February 2019Great product, price and service thanks but mailman was a bit concerned that bottle had no paper or packing around it in the box