Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK)
- Methyl Ethyl Ketone 100%
- Evaporates quickly.
Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) also known as butanone is a clear, colourless organic liquid compound. MEK is highly volatile with a flashpoint of - 4ºC and a boiling point 78ºC. Sydney Solvents is a methyl ethyl ketone supplier. The solvent has quite a strong distinct smell, a little bit like acetone. MEK is soluble in polar and non-polar organic materials, being soluble in alcohol and hydrocarbons. MEK has fast evaporating properties.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Used as a thinner in paint products.
- Can be used as a parts cleaner.
- Removing paints.
- Solvent used for fats, oils, waxes and resins. It is a highly efficient and versatile solvent for surface coatings.
- Ideal for automotive parts, marine and paint sundry departments.
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, and 200
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Below are commonly asked questions. All answers provided are merely recommendations. Please do further research and test yourself. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Please advise if you have a product to remove product names/logos on powder coated bike frame. Very stubborn! There seems no edge to these logos, maybe they could be lacquered after they were applied?? I have tried straight Acetone which does not soften the surface. Trust that you may have come across this problem before. - Terry
It sounds like the top lacquer coat is applied after the stickers have been applied.
Without seeing the job, I would recommend if you have tried acetone to try MEK, or Methylene chloride. You could also use paint stripper gently as it should not go through the sticker material. You would need to trial this though.
MEK purchaseBy: Rory Hatchett on 4 September 2019Already know the product so that was not a problem. More a drama to purchase from other people, mininum order, dont do counter sales etc etc. Found Sydney Solvents on the webb, great to purchase, they actually want to sell to you keep up the great work
Fast No Fuss ServiceBy: Peter Langley on 6 December 2018We received Fast No Fuss Service from Sydney Solvents