- 1-Methoxy-2-Propanol > 99.5% 2-Methoxy-1-Propanol <0.5 Water <0.1%
- Methoxy Propanol is a high flashpoint evaporating solvent with a very high water solubility and active solvency.
- Other names: Methoxy Propanol.
Methoxy Propanol also known as dowanol PM is a glycol commonly used in surface coating formulations. Methoxy Propanol is a non-flammable product with a distillation range of 117-125°C and a specific gravity of 0.921. Our Methoxy Propanol is very pure with less than 0.01 of water content. It is very fast evaporating and has a high water solubility and active solvency. Out of all the glycols, Methoxy Propanol is the fastest evaporating and offers better viscosity reduction than heavier molecular weight glycol ethers.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Methoxy Propanol is widely used in coating and cleaning applications, it offers better viscosity in epoxy and high solids acrylic systems, Methoxy Propanol can be used as a coupling agent and solvent for household and industrial cleaners, Rust removers and hard surface cleaners.
- Methoxy Propanol can be used as a component to make up reed diffuser oil.
- Used as a commercial paint stripper.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
We are currently experiencing shipping issues with our current courier that deliver our 1L and 5L containers to your doorstep. There will be delays with orders made between 02/02/2020 - the current date. We apologise to all our valued customers for this issue that has arisen, we are striving to have it fixed up immediately. For any new orders, there will be a delay from our normal fast service, as we are sorting through the backlog.
Please bear with us during this time. We will have the situation sorted shortly; we can't wait to do business with you in the future!
Have a great week.
DUE TO AN INFLUX OF ORDERS RECENTLY, OUR 1L & 5L ARE ONLY TEMPORARILY AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP FROM WAREHOUSE PENRITH. DELIVERY IS NOT AN OPTION AT THIS POINT IN TIME. WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.