- Methanol Fuel
Methanol is a liquid solvent commonly known is methyl alcohol. It is a highly flammable liquid with a flashpoint of 11ºC and a boiling range of 64.5-64.641ºC. Methanol is characterised as being fast evaporating. Methanol is also called wood alcohol as it is a by-product of the destructive distillation of wood.
Cleaning & Household Uses:
- Removing sticker residue.
- Window cleaner and glass cleaner.
- Cleans bathtub grime.
- General all-purpose cleaner on tough built up grime.
- Sterilize equipment.
- Used as racing car fuel. It is less inflammable and can mix with water, which makes it effective for racing fuel.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Used to produce a variety of other chemicals, including acetic acid
- Used as an industrial solvent to help create inks, resins, adhesives, and dyes.
- Methanol can be used as a type of vehicle fuel or marine fuel for boats.
- Methanol also is used in biodiesel, a renewable type of fuel made from plants or animal fats that can be used in place of, or blended into, conventional fuel.
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, 200 and 1000 Litre.
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
For more details refer to MSDS.
For emergencies, please call:
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.