- Methanol Fuel
Methanol is a liquid solvent commonly known is methyl alcohol. It is a highly flammable liquid with a flashpoint of 11ºC and a boiling range of 64.5-64.641ºC. Methanol is characterised as being fast evaporating. Methanol is also called wood alcohol as it is a by-product of the destructive distillation of wood.
Cleaning & Household Uses:
- Removing sticker residue.
- Window cleaner and glass cleaner.
- Cleans bathtub grime.
- General all-purpose cleaner on tough built up grime.
- Sterilize equipment.
- Used as racing car fuel. It is less inflammable and can mix with water, which makes it effective for racing fuel.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Used to produce a variety of other chemicals, including acetic acid
- Used as an industrial solvent to help create inks, resins, adhesives, and dyes.
- Methanol can be used as a type of vehicle fuel or marine fuel for boats.
- Methanol also is used in biodiesel, a renewable type of fuel made from plants or animal fats that can be used in place of, or blended into, conventional fuel.
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, 200 and 1000 Litre.
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Information Regarding Pick Up
Can I pick up?
*Below are commonly asked questions. All answers provided are merely recommendations. Please do further research and test yourself. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.*
Which methanol is best suited for what I need?
At Sydney Solvents we have a range of different methods such as Methanol Fuel Special, Methanol, Methanol 99.6% and Methanol 99.9%. Methanol is a liquid solvent commonly known is methyl alcohol. It is a highly flammable liquid with a flashpoint of 11ºC and a boiling range of 64.5-64.641ºC. Methanol is characterised as being fast evaporating. Methanol is also called wood alcohol as it is a by-product of the destructive distillation of wood.
What is the main difference between all the methanol’s? Short answer is the moisture content.
Methanol Fuel Special
Methanol Fuel Special is a type of methanol that has a higher level of moisture content. The amount of moisture is not tested but is approximately 10% moisture, hence why it is much cheaper than other fuels. This fuel is often used by customers who use methanol as a fuel injector as the methanol already contains the moisture that will be added. Additional moisture is usually added as well so it is more of testing to find out what ratio works best.
Our regular Methanol is industrial grade methanol and is about 99% pure or more. This fuel is perfect for everyday use in the manufacturing or industrial sector. If you are wanting a more consistent methanol to add for your fuel injector, we would recommend using this fuel as it is very consistent in spec.
Methanol 99.6 and Methanol 99.9
When it comes to Methanol 99.6% and Methanol 99.9% they are both made to the spec and moisture. Both these grades go through a variety of processes in order to meet the right spec, hence why the products are very expensive in comparison to the special and regular methanol. This product is commonly used in laboratories where the right spec is necessary to complete the job.
methanolBy: Graham Turner on 20 June 2019I am a model airplane flyer and require methanol for the fuel I found Sydney solvents very convenient to obtain this product from and quick delivery