Industrial Methylated Spirits
- Industrial Methylated Spirits > 94%, Water < %1, Denatoium Bensonate 5ppm MIBK < 2%
- Contains denaturant
- Industrial grade
- Other names: Ethyl Alcohol
Methylated spirits is a clear, colourless liquid that is commonly used across most industrial industries and is often used within the household. The methylated spirits boiling point is 78 °C and the flashpoint is 11 °C. Methylated spirits is often referred to as denatured alcohol which means that it contains a denaturant in it so it cannot be consumed. Sydney Solvents methylated spirits is 99% methylated spirits with a 1% bitrex in it. If it didn’t contain denaturant in the methylated spirits it would be classed as normal alcohol that is safe to drink.
Cleaning & Household Uses:
- Window cleaner
- Used for cleaning paints
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Oil extraction: Our Industrial Methylated Spirits is not food grade safe. It can be used in the extraction of oil however in terms of the processing and how to do that you may have to do more research. Food grade Industrial Methylated Spirits requires a license, and we do not stock the product.
Use for fuel in Industrial Methylated Spirits Heaters
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor heaters
- Burns clean, leaves very little fumes or black marks
- Alcohol smell is burnt off in heating
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, 200 and 1000 Litre.
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Information Regarding Pick Up
Can I pick it up?
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.