- Ethanol >70% Water <%1 Denatoium Bensonate 5ppm MIBK <2%
- Contains denaturant
- Industrial grade
- Other names: Ethyl Alcohol
Cleaning & Household Uses:
- Window cleaner
- Used for cleaning paints
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Oil extraction: Our ethanol is not food grade safe. It can be used in the extraction of oil however in terms of the processing and how to do that you may have to do more research. Food grade Ethanol requires a license, and we do not stock the product.
Use for fuel in Ethanol Heaters
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor heaters
- Burns clean, leaves very little fumes or black marks
- Alcohol smell is burnt off in heating
Ethanol vs. Bioethanol
Both the chemicals are designed to process the same way for all applications. The only difference is how the both ethanols are made. The bioethanol is considered to be made through an environmentally process, that is eco-friendly, whereas the ethanol is processed differently
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, 200 and 1000 Litre.
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
For more details refer to MSDS.
For emergencies, please call:
Below are commonly asked questions. All answers provided are merely recommendations. Please do further research and test yourself. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Can you use ethanol to extract oil from plants?
We have not tested ethanol to extract oil but many of our customers use it. When it comes to deciding between isopropyl alcohol and ethanol to extract many lean towards ethanol as it is grain based whereas isopropyl alcohol is petroleum based.
It is recommended to use 100% ethanol when the product is being consumed as it can have health effects.
Customers have used our 99% ethanol to extract oil from plants and have said that it does work. They do need to do an extra step in order to extract the 1% of denaturant in it. We are unsure of this process.
What is ethanol used for?
Ethanol is used for a variety of applications such as cleaning, disinfecting, used as an anti-septic and you will find it in a lot of window cleaners and hand sanitisers. There are a wide range of uses.
Is the ethanol suitable for heaters?
Yes, they are. Ethanol heaters are designed to use ethanol. You can use our ethanol no problems.
What smell does ethanol give off when burning?
Ethanol has a unique alcohol smell. When using it in a heater there is an odour but it usually burns off.
What is denatured ethanol?
Denatured ethanol means that it has an additive know as a bitrex in it which means it cannot be consumed. This is added into the ethanol by the government. Our 1% bitrex contains <%1 Denatoium Bensonate 5ppm MIBK <2%.
Is it safe to drink ethanol?
No, it is not safe to drink denatured alcohol. The strength and bitrex is poisonous.
Do you sell 100% ethanol?
Unfortunately, we do not sell 100% ethanol alcohol. You do need a license to sell and buy the 100% ethanol and we do not sell it. You need to source it from a laboratory that specialises in 100%. It can be quite costly.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.