- 1-Methoxy-2-Propanol > 99.5% 2-Methoxy-1-Propanol <0.5 Water <0.1%
- Dowanol PM is a high flashpoint evaporating solvent with a very high water solubility and active solvency.
- Other names: Methoxy Propanol.
Dowanol PM also known as methoxy propanol is a glycol commonly used in surface coating formulations. Dowanol PM is a flammable product with a distillation range of 117-125°C and a specific gravity of 0.921. Our dowanol PM is very pure with less than 0.01 of water content. It is very fast evaporating and has a high water solubility and active solvency. Out of all the glycols, Dowanol PM is the fastest evaporating and offers better viscosity reduction than heavier molecular weight glycol ethres.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- Dowanol PM is widely used in coating and cleaning applications, it offers better viscosity in epoxy and high solids acrylic systems, Dowanol PM can be used as a coupling agent and solvent for household and industrial cleaners, Rust removers and hard surface cleaners.
- Dowanol PM can be used as a component to make up reed diffuser oil.
- Used as a commercial paint stripper.
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, and 200
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.