Perfume Grade Ethanol Features
- t-Butanol Ethanol Mix
- Clear, and colourless
- Produced from natural sugar cane
- Other names: F4 Solution, Ethanol 95PGf4
- Ingredients Ethanol >95% Purified Water 2-5% t-Butanol 0.25%
Perfume Grade Ethanol is referred to as 95PGF4 Ethanol that is designed to be suitable to use as a perfume base. The reason for this is that this ethanol, unlike regular ethanols, has very low to a neutral odour. Perfume grade alcohol has a flashpoint of 11ºC with a boiling range of 78-83ºC and a specific gravity of 0.8. The perfume alcohol is 95% and contains 5% water and denaturant so that it cannot be consumed. The F4 solution means that it has an additive that is quite bitter and unpalatable for drinking, but it is designed to work with other fragrances.
- Suitable to dissolve essential oils and fragrances
- Lower odour than normal Ethanol, hence it is more suitable for perfumes as the smell isn't as strong
- F4 solution component of the Ethanol is the additive to make it undrinkable
- Found in a range of cosmetics such as fragrances, aftershave, toners, deodorants, cleansers, and more.
Make Your Own Perfume
If you want to make your own perfume our perfume grade alcohol is perfect as an alcohol base. Depending on what you desire to make anything is possible, and it is always fun to play around with different fragrances. Often you will find formulas break up the perfume into three sections top notes (lavender, lemon, orange, lemon, etc.), middle notes (nutmeg, geranium, black pepper, etc.) base notes (pine, sandalwood, vanilla), and of course alcohol to pull it all together. It is important to know that different fragrances will react differently so it is important to test and trial. This is due to the different fragrance structures and the solubility of oils.
*All information provided is a recommendation. Please test before using. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
For more details refer to MSDS.
For emergencies, please call:
Information Regarding Pick Up
Can I pick up?
Yes, we are located in Penrith. Unit 3, 10 Production Place Jamisontown NSW 2750.
Are we open to the public?
Yes, we are. You can buy direct from us paying card or cash. You don't need to be a business customer to buy. Anyone can walk in and buy from us.
We are open from 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday and are open from 7:30am to 12pm.
What can you pay on pick up?
We accept cash or card (visa, mastercard, AMEX, eftpos).
Information Regarding Delivery
We know you’ll be keen to receive your order as quickly as possible. Please make sure you provide us with:
- A valid delivery address (either residential or business) as we cannot ship our products to PO Box or Parcel Collect, and
- Contact phone number so we can contact you if there are any issues with your consignment.
Our couriers require the customer’s phone number for each delivery. We can’t book your delivery unless you have provided us with a valid daytime phone number.
We pack every order carefully to ensure it reaches you in good condition.
Your order will be sent through one of our preferred couriers.
After payment has been received, your order will be processed by the following business day. The approximate cut-off time for same day dispatch is 11am.
Perth Enquiries we have additional shipping charges on 1 and 5 Litre items, and our 20 Litre items and above freight starts out from $130. We are working on alternatives. We cannot send Methylene Chloride to WA.
All consignments are tracked. The tracking number can be viewed in the email notification you receive after the order has been dispatched. If you can't find it, or need help with tracking, please contact us.
If you have any questions about delivery, please contact us and we will do our best to make sure you’re happy.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review