- Cyclohexanone >99%
- Clear oily liquid.
Cyclohexanone is an organic solvent that is a pale yellow liquid with a pleasant odour. The flashpoint of cyclohexanone is 45 ºC making is a flammable product with a boiling range of 153-158 ºC. The density of cyclohexanone is 0.948, which means it is less dense than water. Cyclohexanone is a six-carbon cyclic molecule with a ketone functional group. The organic compound is slow to medium evaporation rate with minimum residue upon drying.
Industrial & DIY Uses:
- In the production of adipic acid for nylon.
- In the preparation of cyclohexanone resins.
- Cyclohexanone is an important chemical solvent used in a variety of industries, in particular the paints and printing industry.
- Major ingredient for the manufacture of herbicides, anti-histamines and a major catalyst for polyester and synthetic resins.
- Major additive in lacquers and paints to prevent blushing and as a solvent for PVC printing inks.
Available Sizes: 1, 5, 20, and 200
*All information provided is a recommendation. We cannot guarantee the uses as each application has various characteristics and therefore we cannot be certain it will work for you*
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from sources of ignition - no smoking.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Take precautionary measures against static discharges.
- Keep container in a well-ventilated place.
- Eliminate all ignition sources. Remove leaking containers.
- Contain and absorb on suitable chemical material.
- Restrict access to area.
- Firefighters MUST wear full protective clothing and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- If Swallowed contact a doctor or poison information center immediately and show container or label.
- In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or poison information center.
- In case of contact with skin, wash contacted area with soap and water.
- If inhaled remove to fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Prevent material entering sewers.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Sydney Solvents users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.